The Great Gatsby | New Years Eve



Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?

I have been meaning to do this post for a while now but mock exams and revision have made this a very hard job indeed. For New Year's Eve this year, my family thought it would be a great idea to have a 'Roaring 20's - Great Gatsby Party' as that style and era seems to be all the rage at the moment. At first I thought this was such an exciting idea as I loved the film and I think the 1920's look is fabulous! When it came down to actually making an outfit however, it was not as easy as I have envisaged.

For my outfit I took a plain black flapper dress that basically had no shape to it because that was the style back then. I then dressed it up with fish net tights, lots and lots of necklaces in silvers, golds and pearls, some chandelier pearl and silver earrings and long black gloves. For shoes I just wore plain black heels that were most probably too high for that style but I needed high shoes because my legs looked frumpy in the fish net tights. I also added a faux fur shoal around my arms for a more vintage and high-end version of this look. 

For my hair I curled the front and then pinned the back into a low scruffy bun, the style in the 20s was short hair but as I do not have short hair I had to pin it all back. To then turn the look into even more ultra vintage and 'flapper girl' I attached a feathered hair clip that had a diamanté stone in the middle to my hair and it looked like a headress, this completely finished of the look and made it more exciting and glamourous.

For make up, I had to resist all urges to tan because everybody wanted pale skin in the 20s, therefore I went for a paler foundation shade than my normal colour for this I used Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in colour 007. For my eyes I did a toned down smokey eye with colours from my Naked Palette 3, I used a peachy colour on my cheeks for a slight light glow and for my lips, I used a bright red Rimmel Lipstick.


So this is the finished look (on the right) and my gorgeous best friend Lauren http://laurenedmonds.blogspot.co.uk/ on the left modelling her take on 1920s style.






1 comments:

 

Beautiful Followers