Farwell 2013 | A Reflection on the Last Year


I hope that most of you will be having a wonderful night surrounded by family and friends; drinking, laughing and remembering the past year and all that it brought to you. This morning as I began to say goodbye to 2013 and Hello to 2014, I started to think about the past year and what it had taught me. I hate to be a 'Negative Nelly' but I would have to say that the past year has been the worst of my entire life, it's been filled with death, illness, depression and loneliness and I do hope that tonight when the clock strikes 12 that things will change and that the next 365 days will be more joyful and exciting.


Positive Memories From the Past Year

  • The year 2013 started off quite well for me as I went to a party on the 3rd of January last year at my friend, Tom's parent's hotel and it was quite possibly the best party I had ever been too!
  • I had a nice February and even went to Portugal with my boyfriend and his two best friends, although we only went for a few days, it was lovely to have a break from everything at home
  • I then planned my first ever surprise party which went incredibly well for my friend Billy, it was a fancy dress party and everyone made an effort, it really was lovely
  • March is always a better month for me as it's my birthday and this year I had all of my friends over for a Onesie party and horror movies
  • In April I went to see one of my all time favourite bands, Imagine Dragons and they were incredible, definitely one of the best acts I've seen live!
  • Although summer was a bad time of year I did also get the role of Deputy Head Girl at my school and for that I am proud of myself
  • I had quite a lot on in summer to keep my mind occupied like Kendal Calling, Egypt and V Festival, three events of which I have the most amazing memories and completely loved every minute of!
  • At school, I made friends with new people such as Jess from Jessie, Linsey from Red Velvet Kiss and other new friends that don't have blogs :)
  • I became move self motivated and started making a real effort at school and sent my University application off, too which I now have recieved all five of my offers back!
  • I started writing The Amèe blog and got into the world of blogging, learning more about different people and I really am enjoying it!
  • And that leads me up to the past few weeks, I have had a lovely Christmas and I'm looking forward to ending tonight with my 'Great Gatsby Party'
Things to Look Forward to

  • Hopefully some more memories with my friends, which I'm sure I will have
  • Rizzle Kicks concert in February with Lauren from Destroy After Reading
  • My 18th Birthday!
  • My Sixth Form Ball
  • Leaver's assemblies and parties after exams have finished
  • Malia with the girls in July!
  • Kendal Calling, again! Just because I love it so much!
  • Fingers crossed for good A2 Level Results
  • And then depending on the last one, going to Leeds University!

I would just like to wish my bloggers a Happy New Year and I hope you all have lots to look forward to, in your 2014!


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Great blog, we’ve nominated you for the Leibster award and we’d love it if you would check it out on the link below. I have followed you on gfc :) would be great if you followed back! We look forward to reading your response :) 
    Ellie x

    http://gingerandtheblonde.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will check out your blog and follow you back :)
      Amee x

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to go to Leeds too! What are you planning on studying? But yes, focusing on my revision etc is a big goal for this year haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Management and Marketing, what about you? My course has really high grade requirements so I really need to study hard from now until July! xx

      Delete

 

Beautiful Followers